Leasing and Compliance Specialist
The Leasing and Compliance Specialist reports to the Assistant Vice President of Leasing and is primarily responsible for monitoring and evaluating applicant files for initial and ongoing LIHTC, Tax Exempt Bond, Taxable Bond, and HDC Marketing and Regulatory compliance.
Area of Talent: Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Compliance/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $55,000 to $65,000 annually
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Evaluate the income and rent qualifications for applicant files to ensure compliance with specific building and program limits.
- Review applicant files to ensure that they contain complete and accurate documentation as required by HDC’s Marketing Guidelines and LIHTC requirements.
- Ensure turn-around on approvals within three (3) business days or less of the receipt of a complete submission.
- Review rent rolls and annual owner certification packages to ensure ongoing programmatic and regulatory compliance.
- Communicate regularly with agents to ensure timely processing and provide technical assistance and ongoing guidance.
- Create and update project spreadsheets to document initial and historical tenant data.
- Conduct offsite audits of tenant files or unit inspections.
- Respond in writing to inquiries and complaints in a timely fashion.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related field and relevant affordable housing industry experience is preferred; or,
- A satisfactory combination of experience and/or education that is equivalent to the above.
- Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (Oral and Written).
- High level of proficiency in mathematics and data analysis.
- Ability to travel by public transportation in New York, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Richmond Counties.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel and Word.
- Comprehensive understanding of HDC Marketing Guidelines and Fair Housing and Rent Stabilization guidelines
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.