The Marketing Specialist reports to the Assistant Vice President of Marketing and monitors all aspects of the marketing and ongoing lease-up of HDC financed developments while ensuring strict adherence to HDC compliance and statutory requirements. Must be proactive, innovative and detailed-oriented with a broad understanding of affordable housing. The position ensures the communication and enforcement of all policies and regulations throughout HDC’s portfolio.
Area of Talent: Compliance/Marketing/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $67,000 to $72,000
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Monitor Affordable Housing Lotteries for advertised projects, including lottery logs, to ensure proper processing of applicants.
- Review Marketing Plans to ensure initial and long term Regulatory compliance.
- Field complaints from applicants, elected officials, owners and agents and provide timely and detailed responses substantiated by HDC regulatory and programmatic guidelines.
- Regular review of HDC portfolio and implementation of corrective compliance measures as needed.
- Streamline and create systems to ensure ongoing compliance throughout the HDC portfolio.
- Review applicant files for programmatic eligibility.
- Coordinate and take the lead in HDC Marketing and Compliance meetings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with project owners, managing agents and various government agencies.
- Coordinate with other HDC departments to resolve regulatory issues.
- Prepare and maintain timely, accurate, and updated project records and compliance reports.
- Conduct offsite audits of housing lotteries, tenant files and unit inspections.
- Review rent rolls and annual owner certification packages to ensure ongoing programmatic and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and ensure that HDC’s website is up to date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related field and relevant affordable housing industry experience.
- A satisfactory combination of experience and/or education that is equivalent to the above.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement new systems to streamline existing protocols to maximize productivity and oversight.
- Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines.
- Superior organizational, analytic, problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and regulatory agreement review.
- Thorough understanding of the low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) program including LIHTC or comparable certifications/experience.
- Microsoft Office: Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to travel by public transportation in all five boroughs.
- Comprehensive understanding of affordable housing Marketing Guidelines, Fair Housing and Rent Stabilization guidelines
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (212)227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits, including:
- Health Benefits at a reasonable cost
- Dental and Vision Benefits at no cost
- Retirement savings plan with a generous match and a pension plan
- Paid holiday, vacation, sick time and parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness for eligible employees
- Wellness reimbursement
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.com.