Project Manager- Public Housing, Engineering & Architecture
The Project Manager, Engineering & Architecture position reports to the Vice President of Engineering and Architecture in the Asset Management Department. The position provides support to the Director of Asset Management overseeing public housing initiatives, including the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) Permanent Affordability Commitment Together (PACT) Portfolio. This position performs physical inspections, including HUD Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) inspections, reviews the performance of managing agents related to maintenance activities, provides inspections for reserve for replacement requests, and reviews any insurance loss claims.
Area of Talent: Engineering/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $75,000 to $95,000 annually
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Perform annual and routine property inspections in accordance with HDC and HUD requirements.
- Monitor the progress of capital work and insurance repairs.
- Analyze and assess building conditions, maintenance practices, energy efficiency, storm resiliency, construction plans, rehabilitation costs, and 3rd party construction monitors.
- Prepare written reports to management and ownership with findings and recommendations.
- Review owners’ responses to findings and determine the feasibility of the proposed remediation.
- Participate in evaluating initiatives and policies affecting the health of and possible risks to the portfolio.
- Participate and represent HDC in meetings with borrowers, business partners, and other agencies.
- Frequent travel throughout the five boroughs of New York City by mass transit.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management.
- 3 plus years relevant experience in engineering, architecture, or construction management or equivalent.
- Experience performing a minimum of 100 mortgagee/HUD inspections.
- REAC/INSPIRE certification preferred; required by the second year of employment.
- Knowledge of NYC building codes, multi-family residential construction, and building systems.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledge of Federal State and New York City affordable housing programs.
- Driver’s license preferred, but not required.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (212) 227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits, including:
- Health Benefits at a reasonable cost
- Dental and Vision Benefits at no cost
- Retirement savings plan with a generous match and a pension plan
- Paid holiday, vacation, sick time and parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness for eligible employees
- Wellness reimbursement
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing JOBS@NYCHDC.Com.