Senior Project Manager, Public Housing
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Director of Asset Management overseeing public housing initiatives, including the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) Permanent Affordability Commitment Together (PACT) Portfolio. HDC Asset Management supports the public housing pipeline by ensuring expertise and adequacy of efforts related to environmental planning, environmental hazards, scope, design, construction requirements, and numerous other performance indicators. The position will provide technical support and monitoring throughout the portfolio’s predevelopment, development, conversion, stabilization, and operational phases.
Area of Talent: Asset Management/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $90,000 to $110,000 annually
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Establish and maintain relationships with development partners, project owners, managing agents, and various governmental agencies to provide guidance on a wide range of asset management matters that include, but are not limited to: finance, scoping/design, construction, and building operations.
- Provide technical support related to the scope of work development.
- Monitor the adequacy of the rehabilitation project activities and the 3rd party construction monitor.
- Review design, construction, and O&M plans; work closely with HDC engineers in performing and analyzing time-sensitive physical inspections; review condition reports for development and assess quality-of-life-conditions and operational performance indicators (i.e., complaints, violations).
- Monitor the performance of the properties and needs of the residents and take appropriate and timely action on operational deficits.
- Identify project-specific regulatory obligations through a thorough review of legal documents/ agreements and establish internal streamlining and tracking systems.
- Assist in the review of annual and other budgets.
- Process capital reserve requests and requisition payments.
- Frequent travel throughout the five boroughs of New York City by mass transit or corporation- provided vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree in a real estate related field such as architecture, engineering, construction project management, or building technology/sciences and operation with substantial course work/credits specific in the referenced areas.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in real estate lending, development and/or asset management; or a satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to the above.
- Demonstrated interest in affordable housing.
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented.
- Familiarity with HUD and local regulations/requirements including those pertaining to asbestos, lead, mold, Phase I, Phase II, NEPA, FHEO, RAD Program sustainability, etc.
- Knowledge of Federal, New York State, and New York City affordable housing programs and project development process.
- Driver’s license preferred, but not required.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (212) 227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits, including:
- Health Benefits at a reasonable cost
- Dental and Vision Benefits at no cost
- Retirement savings plan with a generous match and a pension plan
- Paid holiday, vacation, sick time and parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness for eligible employees
- Wellness reimbursement
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing JOBS@NYCHDC.Com.