Executive Vice President for Asset Management & REMIC
As a senior leader with the agency, the Executive Vice President for Asset Management & REMIC helps set the strategic direction for the nation’s largest municipal housing finance agency. The role is responsible for ensuring that the Corporation’s housing portfolio is fiscally and physically sound, properly managed and compliant with affordable housing requirements. The EVP manages staff under the Asset Management Department, HDC’s largest division, and represents HDC to external partners, City agencies, City Hall, and national groups.
Area of Talent: Asset Management/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Fulltime/Exempt
Salary Range: $230,000- $240,000
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
This position will report to the President.
- Establish and implement Asset Management efforts that effectively communicate and support HDC’s mission and strategic vision.
- Manage HDC’s Asset Management Department of 60+ employees and a housing portfolio of over 200,000 units, including, Portfolio Analysis, Compliance (which includes marketing & tax credit compliance monitoring), Engineering, and REMIC.
- Develop and implement a strategic department wide growth and execution plan for the long-term asset management of a growing public housing portfolio financed in partnership with the New York City Housing Authority.
- Develop the long-term strategic vision to manage top-quality asset management functions and implement strategies and systems to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the department and to ensure the continued strength of HDC’s housing portfolio.
- Monitor and evaluate results of existing plans to ensure growth and adjustments as necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with project owners, managing agents, and various government agencies.
- Maintain oversight of daily asset management operations.
- Manage portfolio risk and liability.
- Provide leadership and strategic oversight of portfolio-wide strategies and opportunities for property re-development, re-investment, and operations.
- Collaborate with leadership from other departments to identify and solve portfolio wide problems and achieve goals on inter-agency projects.
- Establish policy guidance for the division’s business practices, enable, support and implement new systems and technologies to ensure operational excellence across the portfolio.
- As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, serve as a key advisor on diversity and inclusion, spearheading new initiatives and practices that will further enhance HDC’s commitment to a strong, inclusive, and engaged organization.
- Represent HDC’s Asset Management perspective in frequent high-level meetings with partner agencies and City Hall.
- An undergraduate degree in business, real estate, engineering, finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of ten years or more of recent supervisory experience in affordable housing, including at least five years of experience in a senior-level asset management role.
- Experience working with IRS, Housing Finance Agencies, Public Housing, HUD and other funding agencies.
- Knowledge of applicable local and federal housing laws including Fair Housing and Landlord and Tenant laws.
- Strong analytical skills, finance and management knowledge necessary to oversee essential areas of the agency including knowledge of housing management, asset management, subsidy programs and quality control and compliance.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (212) 227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits, including:
- Health Benefits at a reasonable cost
- Dental and Vision Benefits at no cost
- Retirement savings plan with a generous match and a pension plan
- Paid holiday, vacation, sick time and parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness for eligible employees
- Wellness reimbursement
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.com.