Eviction Prevention Resources

Tenant Resources

  • The NYC Eviction Prevention Brochure, developed in partnership with HPD, NYCHA, HDC, HRA, MOPT, and the Office of Civil Justice, is available in 10 languages, provides information and a list of key eviction prevention resources.
  • 311 Tenant Helpline: Access all tenant-related resources by calling 311 and asking for the “Tenant Helpline.”


If you have tenants with a Section 8 Voucher


If you have tenants with a rent subsidy who are struggling to pay their rent contribution

  • Tenants participating in the CityFHEPS program who have experienced income loss can submit a request to modify their tenant contribution by email. The request form can be found in several languages on HRA’s CityFHEPS Documents webpage.
  • More information on HRA's Emergency Rental Assistance Grants (One-Shot Deals)
  • Tenants can apply for rental assistance by visiting the Access NYC website or with the Access HRA smartphone app or calling 311 and asking for “Homebase,” or using the Homebase locator to call the nearest office.
  • Tenants can apply for the NYC Rent Freeze Program (i.e., Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption and Disability Rent Increase Exemption) by calling 311 and asking for “Rent Freeze Program.”
  • Tenants can access the City’s Tenant Resource Portal.