Office Assistant/ Cleaner
The Office Assistant/Cleaner supports facility maintenance functions, cleaning tasks, moves and support mailroom staff, and other projects. The position is to help the organization and running of the daily facility operations of the company. The Office Assistant/Cleaner reports to the Chief of Office and Facilities Management.
Area of Talent: Office Services
Position Type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Partner with team members to ensure completion of routine daily office operations.
- Undertake a variety of activities in facility maintenance tasks, such as cleaning pantries, appliances, spills, workstations, offices, restocking pantries.
- Cleaning glass partitions, doors and railings.
- Assistance with food deliveries, post event cleaning and trash removal.
- Assistance with cleaning related to office moves and setting up workspaces for new hires.
- Contribute to continuous quality and productivity and clean environment in the office.
- Assistance with mailroom tasks, organize and sort incoming mail and packages and forward any misdirected mail
- Assistance in handling of outgoing mail and packages and arrange for deliveries/collections as needed with FedEx and other carriers.
- Keeping mailroom clean and organized.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in an office setting
- Ability to effectively use and maintain office and cleaning equipment
- Experience in cleaning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills and multitasking abilities
- Ability to lift up 25lbs and climb a ladder.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (212) 227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
- Health Benefits at a reasonable cost
- Dental and Vision Benefits at no cost
- Retirement savings plan with a generous match and a pension plan
- Paid holiday, vacation, sick time and parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness for eligible employees
- Wellness reimbursement
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing email@example.com.