Human Resource Intern Fall 2023
The HR intern will assist the Senior HR Generalist and other HR team members with a wide range of projects relating to employee job descriptions, tracking performance evaluations, and assisting in updating our paper personnel filing system. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical, allowing the intern to take skills acquired in school and/or their area of interest, and apply these skills in a professional setting.
Area of Talent: Human Resources
Position Type: Fall Full-Time/Paid Internship
Location: NYC/Financial District
Reports to: Senior HR Generalist
Desired Class Level(s): Undergraduate
Internship Pay/Stipend Rate:
Hourly Rate: Undergraduate $17.00/hr.
If needed, HDC will fully support an intern’s application for credit or stipend from their school/university.
- Create and maintain documents, checklists and/or spreadsheets related to projects assigned by HR team members.
- Review confidential HR files to ensure completeness of files, for regulatory and compliance purposes.
- Sorting and organizing our paper filing system
- Collect and file documents as assigned.
- Current enrollment in undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources, or non-profit management/administrative fields.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Student member or knowledge of SHRM a plus.
- High organization skills
How to Apply:
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (212) 227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered an internship at HDC, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of the internship, please contact Human Resources by emailing Jobs@NYCHDC.Com.