Portfolio Analysis Intern Fall 2023
Portfolio Analysis is a team within HDC’s Asset Management Department tasked with tracking the financial performance of buildings in HDC’s Portfolio. This is achieved by analyzing audited financial statements, operating budgets, physical inspection reports, and other internally and externally generated reports. Together with other teams within Asset Management and across HDC, Portfolio Analysis provides support and solutions to ensure buildings financed by HDC remain financially and structurally stable.
HDC purchased a large portfolio of loans from the City in October of 2020. The fall intern will be tasked with obtaining documentation for these loans and summarizing key data points.
Area of Talent: Asset Management
Position Type: Fall Paid Internship
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
Reports to: VP, Portfolio Analyst
Desired Class Level(s): Undergraduate or Graduate
Internship Pay/Stipend Rate:
Hourly Rate: Undergraduate $17.00/hr
Note: If needed, HDC will fully support an intern’s application for credit or stipend from their school/university.
- Accessing the City’s Automated Register Information System (ACRIS) to download and electronically file specific documents (ex: mortgage notes, regulatory agreements)
- Reviewing these documents to record specific data into a spreadsheet
- Collaborating with the Legal and Asset Management departments to ensure the needs of the Corporation are fulfilled by this project
- Pursuing a BA, BS, or Masters Degree. This internship is open to all majors, but see “preferred qualifications” below for coursework areas most relevant to this opportunity
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office
- Understanding basic mortgage concepts helpful
- Intermediate coursework in finance, accounting, economics, or public administration
- Knowledge of Federal, New York State, and New York City affordable housing programs is a plus
How to Apply:
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (212) 227 - 6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered an internship at HDC, the requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for an exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of the internship, please contact Human Resources by emailing Jobs@NYCHDC.Com.