Loan Servicing Administrator
The Loan Administrator reports to the Vice President, Loan Servicing. The Administrator manages projects serviced by HDC, including the mortgage(s), escrows, and reserves; the Administrator is the main contact for any interaction with the projects assigned. The Administrator will evaluate accounts for proper funding and timely payments on behalf of the borrower and various other responsibilities assigned.
Area of Talent: Finance & Loan Processing
Position Type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $50,000 to $58,000 annually
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Manage Portfolio assigned (mortgage loans, escrows, and reserves)
- Interact with managing agents to discuss any loan servicing matter
- Prepare invoices and payoff requests
- Process advances on loans, review payments, resolve discrepancies and make adjustments as required
- Interact with Legal, Accounting and Cash Management departments for resolution of loan issues
- Assist with external and internal audits
- Understand loan documents and amortization of loans
- Manage Mitchell Lama portfolio
- HUD Interest Reduction Payment (IRP) billing and reporting
- Escrow Analysis and payment management
- HPD portfolio management and remittance
- Delinquency/default reporting
- External Reporting - HUD and Fannie Mae delinquent and month-end balance reporting
- Tax Lien research
- Perform other duties or projects, as assigned by manager
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related field such as finance, accounting, economics, or real estate finance
- 1-3 years minimum of relevant loan servicing experience a plus
- Understanding of financial concepts and mortgages
- Superior organization, analytic, and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong proficiency in data management, use of financial-related software programs.
- Excel (basic functions-cut/copy/paste/deleting and adding columns/totaling columns etc.)
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (212) 227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits, including:
- Health Benefits at a reasonable cost
- Dental and Vision Benefits at no cost
- Retirement savings plan with a generous match and a pension plan
- Paid holiday, vacation, sick time and parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness for eligible employees
- Wellness reimbursement
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.com.