The Program Specialist reports to the Vice President of Compliance and oversees all aspects of the marketing and leasing of HDC financed developments, ensuring strict adherence to HDC compliance and statutory requirements including the communication and enforcement of all policies and regulations throughout HDC’s portfolio. HDC is seeking an experienced professional with the knowledge, skills and abilities to work both independently and with other departments to manage and maintain information for logistical, tracking, and program development purposes. The ability to manage a diverse workload and effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders will form a solid foundation for this role.
Area of Talent: Compliance/Marketing/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $70,000 to $85,000
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Provide technical assistance and monitoring of HDC marketing and leasing groups.
- Streamline existing processes and systems to maximize the Department’s productivity and oversight capabilities.
- Manage and respond to inquiries from the public, internal and external stakeholders, and public officials.
- Serve as the primary liaison with intra-Agency partners, including HPD’s Homeless Placement Services, NYCHA Leased Housing, DHS and HRA on all HDC portfolio related matters.
- Troubleshoot issues surrounding applicants’ housing applications, subsidy approval, and/or referrals.
- Ensure the proper implementation of new policies and procedures by HDC staff and outside parties.
- Coordinate with Communications and Project Management office to update and improve related aspects of the HDC website.
- Oversee the monitoring of affordable housing lotteries to ensure proper processing of applicants.
- Develop internal and external trainings/presentations about the affordable housing lottery, NYC Housing Connect, and other relevant programs.
- Coordinate with other HDC departments to resolve regulatory issues.
- Act as a liaison for NYC Housing Connect.
- Work with HPD’s Marketing & Affordability Oversight unit on Marketing Handbook policies and updates.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related field; or
- A satisfactory combination of education and/or affordable housing industry experience that is equivalent to the above
- Knowledge of New York City homeless placement and subsidy processes.
- Ability and experience managing projects and time-sensitive deadlines
- Superior organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High level of proficiency in data analysis and regulatory agreement review.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience managing relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to think creatively and be a team player
- Comprehensive understanding of affordable housing Marketing Guidelines, Fair Housing and Rent Stabilization guidelines
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (212)227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.com.