The Accounting Manager works closely with the Senior Vice President and Controller in the everyday management of the accounting department, its staff, and its interaction with all departments throughout the Corporation. The Accounting Manager demonstrates the ability to think proactively as the department implements new and complex financial transactions, software, accounting standards, and reporting requirements.
Area of Talent: Accounting
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $110,000-$125,000
Location: NYC/Financial District
- Supervise, track and evaluate the day-to-day activities of the Accounting division
- Provide guidance and analytical support to accounting staff on recording new types of financial transactions
- Review and analyze financial transactions for accurate accounting including mortgage, bond, and investment transactions
- Read and interpret mortgage and bond documents to set up complex financial transactions in the general ledger as well as to be able to discuss the documents with other departments
- Provide guidance and support to staff in the preparation of the Corporation’s operating budget and five-year capital plan
- Establish internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation
- Analyze quarterly and year-end financial statements and assists in the preparation of a written summary of financial activities for those financial statements
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility
- Assist in managing the fiscal year-end financial statement audit process; communicate and work with the external auditors and coordinate requests with accounting staff during the audit
- Serve as a coordinator between the accounting division and other departments on financial, technical, and other corporate matters
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements
- BA/BS in Accounting with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the accounting field
- Proficiency in accounting principles; knowledge of GASB a plus
- Experience in managing a large staff for a minimum of 5 years
- Strong financial analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point) required, Oracle Financials and Business Intelligent Query Tool a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (212) 227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.Com.