Vice President, Loan Servicing
The Vice President of Loan Servicing reports to the Senior Vice President. This position is accountable for leading the loan operations team and functions to deliver efficient collections, escrow, and cashiering operations.
Area of Talent: Loan Servicing/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $120,000 to $140,000
Location: NYC/Financial District
- Responsible for the development of the staffing model of the loan operations team including analyzing organizational direction to determine staffing and technology needs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on required loan compliance regulations, develop, and implement current regulatory requirements into Loan Servicing Procedures
- Analyze processes and workflows to enhance efficiencies, timelines, and delegation of duties
- Monitor reserve and escrow accounts to ensure borrower compliance with governing documents including provisions related to budget, taxes, insurance, collateral, and future funding
- Participate as a member of the management team in the formation and implementation of long-term and short-term strategic plans to meet HDC and department goals
- Help research, analyze, and implement business process alternatives relating to Loan Servicing functions
- Provide oversight and guidance through thorough loan policy knowledge, mortgage servicing rules, compliance monitoring, end-point review, analysis, and tracking
- Meet challenges with resourcefulness; generate suggestions for improving work; develop innovative ideas and approaches and present them in a manner that gets others' attention
- Help identify obstacles and barriers that slow down meeting deliverables within the established timeframes
- Develop key performance metrics and provide operational direction for loan servicing, including strategic planning
- Ensure overall results and no repeat findings from internal audits, third party external audits, or regulatory examinations. Ensure that any identified exceptions or deficiencies are addressed promptly, and target dates established for resolution are reasonable
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or another relevant field
- Minimum 10+ years in loan operations and/or credit administration in the banking industry
- Minimum of 5+ years of managerial experience
- Knowledge of loan documentation requirements, state and federal regulations, and bank policies and procedures
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; superior verbal and written communication skills
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical approaches to address challenges
- Must be well rounded in loan servicing possessing a strong knowledge base to cultivate and develop talent within the team and to support growth and expansion
- Interpersonal development skills including coaching, developing, team building, and leading staff
- Excellent technical skills with Excel and experience in Oracle, Benedict, or other loan servicing systems preferred.
- Knowledge of FHA, Fannie Mae, and/or Freddie Mac loan Servicing
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 212-227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.Com.