Director of Office Services
The Director of Office Services assists in managing the daily activities of office staff to ensure efficient operations, service delivery, and expense controls. This role will act as a liaison to HDC's office to facilitate the support of department-wide operations. The Director will report to the Chief of Office & Facility Management.
Area of Talent: Office Services
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $115,000 to $130,000
Location: NYC/Financial District
- Oversee daily maintenance and operations of the office space; source and select contractors to perform necessary maintenance and repairs
- Manage maintenance service of equipment with HDC vendors, renewal and securing contracts, soliciting competitive bids, coordinating the bidding process, scheduling service visits and repairs
- Work with building management on repairs, maintenance, and general facility-related issues; solve office related problems and determine best solutions
- Oversee office renovation projects, including design, expediting process and installation, space development and provide recommendations how to increase space efficiency
- Assist in supervising, training, and supporting team of administrative staff, coordinating ongoing professional development
- Oversee purchasing process of office supplies, manage existing vendor partnerships, obtain new contracts, implement, and reinforce HDC policies and procedures; responsible for inventory and maintaining of office supplies
- Process invoices, create Purchase Orders, etc.
- Manage record keeping, mail processing and distribution, reception, and other internal operations.
- Oversee operation of HDC fleet including maintenance, repairs, reinforcing procedures, processing parking violations, gas receipts and invoices, securing parking permits, registrations, and inspections renewals, manage E-Z pass account, securing new vehicles through competitive bidding process.
- Manage the master car usage log and vehicle calendar for activities and coordinate coverage for HDC; generate car usage reports
- Partner with IT and HR for all new hires and employee experience for seat arrangements and setup
- Support in office floor plans and private office/ workstation relocations
- Serve as a point of contact for all office-related requests
- Manage security systems, maintenance of hardware and software, access cards.
- Manage HDC corporate insurance policies, file insurance claims, obtain and review required proof of insurance from contractors and vendors.
- Act as a Fire Safety Warden, manage HDC fire brigade, coordinate Fire drills with building management
- Manage budget preparations; completing reports on actual versus forecasted revenue, updating administrative reports that facilitate operational changes and responsibilities
- Allocate resources and ensure operational compliance with industry and corporate standards
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years of managerial experience directly supervising an administrative team
- Minimum of three years of experience providing operational support in a professional office setting
- Facilities Management Certificate
- Certified Manager of Commercial Properties
- Building Systems Maintenance Certificate
- Must have a valid driver's license, driving experience and be able to drive if needed
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Detail oriented with excellent communication, organizational and analytical/problem solving skills
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to different working environments and situations quickly
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with a Purchase Order system
- Solid business judgement and ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize duties and responsibilities, implement new strategies
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop and guide staff to succeed in their role
- Ability to build relationship with external parties
- Knowledge of expense control and financial management
- Ability to visually inspect conditions and equipment to determine that standards are met
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the design, operation, and maintenance of building systems - including HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, building design and construction, project delivery
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to 212-227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.Com.