Summer Legal Intern
HDC is the nation’s largest municipal housing bond issuer for affordable housing projects and offers an opportunity to gain insight into, and experience with, City government, public finance and the affordable housing industry. We are looking for interns to work on real estate closings for affordable housing projects including construction, preservation loan and conversion loan closings.
Area of Talent: Law/Real Estate
Position Type: Internship
Location: NYC/Financial District
Reports to: Legal
Desired Class Level(s): 1L and 2L
Internship Stipend: $7,000 Dependent on confirmation of work schedule
If requested, HDC will support an intern’s application for credit or stipend from their school/university.
Under the direction of a mentor attorney:
- Assist in all aspects of documenting, negotiating, and closing new construction and preservation financings and conversions of construction loans to permanent financing.
- Review contracts, leases, title, and other documents related to financings and HDC programs.
- Research and prepare memoranda on affordable housing law and in connection with HDC transactions, programs, and policy issues.
- Perform general legal work as required.
- 1Ls Must have had Real Property.
- Some prior real estate, affordable housing, public finance, and/or New York City government experience and/or coursework preferred.
- Interest in public service and affordable housing.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered an internship at HDC, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of the internship, please contact Human Resources by emailing Jobs@NYCHDC.Com.