Assistant/Associate General Counsel, Real Estate
The Assistant/Associate General Counsel reports to the Deputy General Counsel, Legal Department and serves as counsel for HDC in negotiating, analyzing, structuring, and closing secured loan transactions.
Area of Talent: Real Estate/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: Assistant General Counsel range: $125,000 to $145,000
Associate General Counsel range: $146,000 to $165,000
Location: NYC/Financial District
- Drafts commitments, regulatory agreements, notes and mortgages.
- Reviews and analyzes due diligence items for real estate transactions, including title, leases and condo documents.
- Reviews documents of borrower’s and lender’s counsel.
- Assists in converting construction loans to permanent loans.
- Handles general miscellaneous legal duties as assigned.
- Law Degree from an accredited Law School.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in transactional real estate, corporate transactions and/or public finance.
- Superior organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.Com.