The HR/ Benefits Coordinator reports to the Director, Compensation, Payroll and Benefits and works closely with HR leadership and the full HR team in support of the department’s key processes and programs including but not limited to: recruitment, new hire onboarding, resignations and retirements, attendance tracking, retirements and resignations, payroll and benefit administration, compliance with federal, NYS and NYC laws, rules and regulations, and EEO/DEI programs and strategies. The HR/Benefits Coordinator assists HDC employees with basic HR and benefits related questions, verifies, and sets up all insurance billings for payment, maintains employee databases and files, and ensures compliance with required benefit notices.
Area of Talent: Human Resources/Benefits
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $65,000 to $75,000
Location: NYC/Financial District
- Enter employee benefits related transactions into the appropriate platforms and databases for NYSHIP/group health, and dental and vision.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy HR filing systems.
- Ensure HR/benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deductions and leave accruals.
- Assist employees with basic health, dental, vision, life and other related benefit claims and eligibility issues referring issues to the CHRO and Directors as appropriate
- Review and reconcile monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies for CHRO’s/Director, Payroll and Benefits approval and sign off. Ensure premium statements are received and acted upon by the Cash Management team.
- Bring administrative problems with the carriers to the attention of the CHRO and/or Director, Compensation, Payroll and Benefits.
- Handle routine processes related to COBRA payments for dental and vision.
- Prepare HR reports for review by the CHRO and the Directors as needed including but not limited to: daily attendance tracking reports and quarterly EEO reports.
- Maintain and update HDC’s organizational charts and other requested reports as needed.
- Support recruitment forwarding applications to the appropriate HR team members in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and send action forms to IT and Office Services regarding new hires and separations in a timely fashion.
- Set up documents in Adobe sign for the CHRO and the Directors.
- Process Employment verifications.
- Other tasks/projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of experience in employee HR/benefits administration. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Sound understanding of the importance of confidentiality when handling sensitive data, reports, and transactions.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite (with emphasis on Excel and Word), Workforce Management Systems (familiarity with Ceridian Dayforce preferred) and Adobe sign.
- Familiarity with Visio and Oracle database transactions highly preferred.
- Expertise with online benefits enrollment administration and working closely with benefit vendors (monthly invoicing and reconciliation processes; COBRA processes; addressing employee and new hires issues).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- SHRM/CEBS professional designation preferred.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.Com.