Senior Insurance Specialist
The Senior Insurance Specialist reports to the Vice President, Loan Servicing. The Insurance Specialist manages projects serviced by HDC; the Insurance Specialist is the main contact for any interaction with the Insurance Brokers and Managing Agents. The Insurance Specialist will evaluate Insurance escrow accounts for proper funding and timely payments on behalf of the borrower and various other responsibilities assigned.
Area of Talent: Finance & Insurance
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Reviews insurance certificates for property, liability, boiler and machinery, umbrella, fidelity, and other types, when necessary, on HDC and HPD properties
- Coordinates and processes insurance claims and on-site inspections if needed
- Legal/Development consultant regarding insurance questions and review of initial coverage
- Advise on insurance market trends and assist in formulating insurance coverage types, limits and deductibles for HDC’s portfolio.
- Reviews, pays insurance premiums, performs escrow analysis
- Updates ratings on Insurance Carriers using AM Best
- Monitors Mortgage Insurance Premiums to ensure HDC has the information required and approves payments for HUD, SONYMA, and REMIC
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related field such as finance, accounting, economics, or real estate finance
- Licensed – Property & Casualty Insurance
- 5+ years of experience with Property & Liability Insurance
- Familiar with HUD, FannieMae, and SONYMA a plus
- Certified Professional Insurance Agent a plus
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.com.