Senior Vice President of Public Housing & Lending Strategies
HDC seeks a Senior Vice President of Public Housing & Lending Strategies (SVP) to lead the agency’s Public Housing initiatives, finance, and portfolio repositioning. These include relationship management, creating and innovating lending structures, performing analysis and creating reports.
As a senior leader with the agency, the SVP helps HDC’s Executive leadership set the strategic direction for the nation’s largest municipal housing finance agency. The SVP represents HDC to external partners, City agencies, City Hall, and national groups.
This position reports to the First Executive Vice President (First EVP).
Area of Talent: Real Estate and Public Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $200,000 to $210,000
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Serve as relationship manager with senior level executives at HDC’s banking and lending partners, including the Government-Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- In collaboration with the First EVP and other senior staff, devise and implement new lending platforms and strategies and manage the implementation of the Public Housing Preservation Trust (the Trust).
- Work closely with the New York City Housing Authority’s real estate division to execute on financing for the largest public housing recapitalization in the country, including PACT (Permanent Affordability Commitment Together) and the Trust.
- Lead all development-related activities and manage a small team of project managers coordinating and underwriting mortgage loan closings.
- Coordinate closely with HDC’s asset management and capital markets teams to ensure high quality stewardship of the portfolio through the entire life cycle of a project.
- Represent HDC’s development perspective in frequent high-level meetings with partner agencies and City Hall.
- Take the lead on time-sensitive analysis and special projects, in collaboration with both internal staff and external colleagues.
- Prepare and perform comparative analysis, both prospectively and retrospectively. Create reports and make presentations related to these projects as needed.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, provide support on diversity and inclusion, participating in new initiatives and practices that will further enhance HDC’s commitment to a strong, inclusive, and engaged organization.
- Serve as a voting member on the HDC Credit Committee.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, or a related field.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in government and/or banking, with a focus on real estate and public housing development and finance.
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) policies and regulations relating to public housing.
- Expertise in real estate underwriting, financial modeling, and data analysis.
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills and sound business judgment.
- Demonstrated commitment to public service.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 212-227-6816.
All HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.Com.