The Staff Accountant reports to the Chief Accountant and is responsible for applying the principles of accounting to process, analyze and report financial transactions.
Area of Talent: Finance & Accounting
Position Type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $60,000 to $68,000 annually
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Calculate and record revenue and expense accruals in the General Ledger.
- Review investment, bond, and mortgage related transactions and amortize deferred revenues and expenses.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, account analysis, mortgage confirmation, and payoff amounts.
- Prepare periodic and annual financial statements with supporting schedules and footnote disclosures.
- Fulfill confirmation requests.
- Assist with year-end external audits, including preparing audit schedules and gathering support for requests from auditors.
- Assist management with special projects as directed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related field such as finance, accounting, or economics
- 1-2 years minimum of accounting experience, including knowledge of general/basic accounting principles
- Superior organization, analytic, and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excel (basic functions-cut/copy/paste/deleting and adding columns/totaling columns etc.)
- Basic skills in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Oracle is a plus
- Understanding of different types of investment securities is a plus
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing HR@NYCHDC.Com.