Cyber Security Analyst
The Cyber Security Analyst works with the network and infrastructure team to protect and improve the cybersecurity posture for HDC’s multi-cloud and on-prem networks and applications. In an ongoing capacity, they will be tasked with monitoring various cybersecurity systems and responding to any alerts and issues that are detected by these systems.
The Analyst responds to threat events and recommends resolutions to cyber events identified from monitoring all corporate cybersecurity dashboards.
Analyst communicates to management on the ongoing cybersecurity threats and attacks and makes recommendations to further enhance and protect our systems.
The role will be responsible for monitoring all aspects of security for the corporation, including user identities, email, mobile devices, remote connectivity such as VPN and VDI, multiple cloud providers, and on-prem network and devices.
This position will periodically require work outside of regular business hours, including weekends, and responding to potential security incidents on short notice.
Area of Talent: Information Technology/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $100,000 to $120,000 annually
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Monitoring and Response
- Proactively monitor the emergence of new cyber threats and regularly review against HDC tools and protocols to prioritize areas for improvement.
- Monitor, communicate and respond to cyber security events that result from monitoring all corporate cyber security systems and dashboards.
- Address findings of ongoing vulnerability scans.
- Respond to potential cybersecurity incidents and play a key role in HDC’s cybersecurity incident management plan.
- Must be able to identify threats and vulnerabilities in systems and software and then apply their skills to developing and implementing high-tech solutions to defend against hacking, malware and ransomware, and all types of cybercrime.
- Work with the network team to recommend and implement solutions to improve the security posture for both cloud and on-prem environments in an ongoing capacity.
- Policy and Training
- Assist with implementation of security policy, standards, guidelines, and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
- Administer HDC’s ongoing cybersecurity training program for end-users.
- Partnerships and Industry Best Practices
- Liaison with HDC’s external cybersecurity vendors and partners, including New York City Cyber Command
- Research and introduce security best practices and new technologies from the industry
Proficiency in industry standard systems including at least five of the following:
- Endpoint protection and monitoring
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Network Traffic and Packet Analysis
- Email Threat Protection and Scanning
- Security dashboards, Incident Detection and SIEMs
- Identity Management, including shaping MFA and Conditional Access policies and procedures
- Data Loss Prevention Systems
- Best security practices for SaaS, including Office 365
- 3-5 years working experience in cybersecurity
- A detailed understanding of networks, protocols, and operating systems, including TCP\IP
- Working knowledge of network analysis, tracing, and scanning tools: TCPDUMP, NMAP, NETFLOW, FW-Monitor, Wireshark
- Working knowledge of network forensics for cyber security events
- Working knowledge of switches, firewalls, routers, servers
- Communicating with end-users
- Industry certifications are a plus, such as Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker, vendor-specific firewall certifications, etc.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing HR@NYCHDC.com.