The Internal Auditor, Internal Audit, reports to the Chief Risk Officer and is responsible for conducting financial, compliance and operational audits.
Area of Talent: Internal Audit
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $70,000 to $80,000
Location: NYC/Financial District
- Conducts financial, compliance and operational audits of key functional/business areas in accordance with audit standards.
- Reviews and ensures compliance with policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Assists in identifying and evaluating the corporation’s risk areas and provides input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing, and analyzing data, evaluating controls, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgement concerning areas being reviewed.
- Documents sample selection, fieldwork performed, testing results and audit conclusions in a clear and concise manner.
- Prepares working papers to support audit observations and conclusions and maintains documentation of internal audits performed.
- Prepares audit reports including audit observations and suggested improvements and presents audit results to Management and the Audit Committee.
- Evaluates responses to audit observations to determine reasonableness and suggests follow-up action.
- Performs follow-up reviews on actions taken to address audit issues identified.
- Interacts with external auditors on financial & internal control related reviews as required.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related field such as real estate finance, accounting, or business administration.
- 2-3 years minimum of relevant internal auditing experience in real estate finance and/or mortgage operations, accounting, business analysis OR a satisfactory combination of experience and education that is equivalent to the above.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices; management principles and preferred business practices.
- Direct experience in designing and performing audit procedures including for the assessment of business process, and identification of key risks and key controls.
- Direct experience performing relevant field work in accordance with an approved audit program.
- Ability and experience managing audits with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional Internal Audit Certification such as CIA, CPA, or CISA preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel, Word, and Visio experience.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing jobs@NYCHDC.Com.