The Asset Manager reports to the Vice President, Preservation Programs. Will handle a portfolio of construction loans and Mitchell-Lama properties, has responsibilities related to Mitchell-Lama compliance, construction lending, and maintaining, analyzing, and reporting on property data.
Area of Talent: Asset Management/Preservation Program
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $55,000 – $70,000 annually
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Works with Preservation Finance and Legal Departments on Construction and Permanent loan closings.
- Reviews and authorizes advances for construction, loan, and reserve account releases.
- Works with Cash Management to release construction funds for advances upon receipt of clear title.
- Maintains property data and prepares reports and status accounts.
- Assists in analyzing potential risks and concerns within the portfolio.
- Explores solutions with managing agents and owners on compliance and financial problems.
- Collaborates on monthly Construction Monitoring Reports.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college plus 1 - 3 years minimum of relevant experience with federal, state, or local housing programs.
- Thorough understanding of loan administration, construction lending, and funding procedures.
- 1-3 years of Microsoft Excel experience performing intermediate-level functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate documents, including Construction and Loan Notes, Loan Agreements, Disbursing Agreements, and Mortgages.
- Understanding of payment applications including appraisals, AIA forms, contractor certifications, and lien waivers.
- Ability and experience managing projects and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Superior organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
HDC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, HDC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing HR@NYCHDC.Com.