Assistant Project Manager, Engineering & Architecture
The Assistant Project Manager, Engineering & Architecture position reports to the Vice President of Engineering and Architecture in the Asset Management Department. This position performs physical inspections including HUD Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) inspections, reviews of managing agents, inspections for reserve for replacement requests, and reviews of insurance loss claims.
Area of Talent: Engineering/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Range: $55,000 to $70,000 annually
Office Location: NYC/Financial District
- Analyze and assess building conditions, maintenance practices, energy efficiency, storm resiliency, construction plans, rehabilitation costs, and monitor construction progress.
- Prepare written reports to management and ownership with findings and recommendations.
- Review owner responses to findings and determine the feasibility of the proposed remediation.
- Participate in evaluating initiatives and policies affecting the physical strength of HDC’s portfolio and identification of possible risks to the portfolio.
- Participate and represent HDC in meetings with borrowers, business partners and other agencies.
- Frequent travel throughout the five boroughs of New York City
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management.
- 1-3 plus years relevant experience in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred.
- Knowledge of NYC building codes, multi-family residential construction, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and building conveyance systems.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity tools.
- Knowledge of Federal State and New York City affordable housing programs.
- Driver’s license preferred, but not required.
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.