Project Manager, Development
The Project Manager is responsible for originating, underwriting and closing mortgage loans to finance the new construction and preservation of affordable and public housing using funds raised through bond issuances and/or allocations of corporate reserves.
Area of Talent: Development/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Location: NYC/Wall Street Area
- Underwrite mortgage loans (analyze loan proposals; review due diligence materials; prepare spreadsheets outlining each proposal; prepare credit memos; present loans to credit committee for approval).
- Coordinate mortgage loan closings with internal and external parties, including developers, other City agencies, most notably NYC HPD and NYCHA, bankers, bond underwriters and tax credit syndicators.
- Manage relationships with current and prospective developers/borrowers.
- Prepare management reports and loan tracking information.
- Assist in evaluating and/or formulating affordable housing program and policy initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with substantial course work/credits specific to finance, and/or real estate.
- Demonstrated interest in affordable housing.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in real estate lending, and/or development.
- Proficiency in creating mortgage loan models and financial concepts.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to build relationships with staff, executives and external partners.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Graduate degree in related field a plus.
- Knowledge of Federal, New York State, and New York City affordable housing programs and the development process is a plus.
Interested applicants may email a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to the Human Resources Department at (646) 304-4819.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.