IT Senior Business Analyst - Data Architecture
The IT PMO team at the New York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC) is looking for a Senior Business Analyst with project management experience. Reporting to the PMO Director, this individual will initially work on the organization’s multi-year data architecture, management, analytics and governance initiative. This role will work closely with other members of the PMO team and HDC’s business units to elicit, define, analyze and validate requirements throughout the project lifecycle and provide ongoing support for issue resolution and enhancement requests.
Area of Talent: IT/Data Architecture
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Location: NYC/Financial District
- Become a subject matter expert in HDC’s business processes to support the organization’s data architecture initiative and provide guidance for new development. Be a strategic partner with HDC’s business units by implementing services and applications that they can use to automate and improve their processes related to this initiative.
- Perform business requirement activities by providing end-to-end analysis for projects utilizing data modelling, use cases, workflows and user interface design across HDC’s existing applications and upcoming initiatives.
- Lead the design and creation of dashboards, reports, data catalogs and other tools to enable HDC users to consume and analyze data.
- Create and maintain high-quality business and functional requirements documentation.
- Work with project stakeholders to prioritize requirements and assess impact of changes on existing systems and business processes.
- Assist the project manager in maintaining the project plan and managing assigned activities and tasks through completion by collaborating with business users and technology teams.
- Support the project team through all iterations of discovery, elaboration, development, testing, training, implementation and application usage.
- Develop and enforce the use of standards, best practices and methodologies for IT-related projects to drive continuous business improvement.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner; 2+ years of experience as a Project Manager; or a satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to the aforementioned qualification
- 2+ years of project experience related to data modelling, architecture, analysis and governance
- Experience with full project lifecycle, project management practices and SDLC methodologies
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate and assist cross-functional teams in resolving business process and technical issues
- Outstanding analytical skills – comfortable addressing ambiguous questions and clearly articulating complex ideas to both technical and non-technical teams
- Strong communication (written, verbal and visual) and interpersonal skills with internal and external contacts
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Power BI, Excel, OBIEE, OAS or similar data analysis and visualization tools
- Experience in wireframing, mockups and UI design
- Familiarity with user journey mapping and UX concepts
- Agile experience
- Experience in public sector, government (housing) agencies
- Comfortable around executive leadership
Interested applicants may email a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to the Human Resources Department at (646) 304-4819.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.