The Credit Analyst reports to the Chief Risk Officer and will be an active participant in the monitoring and analyzing of HDC’s credit risk exposures, policies, and procedures. The Credit Analyst will be responsible for performing loan portfolio analysis and any other analysis related to HDC’s credit risk exposures. Additionally, the Credit Analyst will assist with special projects as directed by Risk Management staff.
Area of Talent: Credit Risk/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Location: NYC/Financial District
- Participate in the development and monitoring of credit risk management policies and procedures.
- Assist in the analysis of various types of lending proposals according to HDC’s credit policies.
- Assist in the research and reporting of program participant credit quality according to HDC’s credit policies.
- Develop and maintain financial models for assessing credit quality and asset management.
- Assist with coordination of the Corporation’s Credit Committee, including review and dissemination of credit memos and maintenance of the Committee’s minutes.
- Monitor and update credit rating agency actions (Moody’s and S&P).
- Assist in the subsidy layering review process for projects utilizing HFA Risk Share Program.
- Assist in the annual maintenance and operating (M&O) expense review, including the research of each line item’s history and the projection of future increases.
- Assist in the maintenance of the minutes for internal Corporation committees (including both Credit and Audit Committees).
- Perform periodic regulatory reviews of internal loan portfolios.
- Keep current on financial, accounting, and tax changes related to real estate and housing development that may impact HDC’s credit policies.
- Perform such other duties as assigned by the Risk Management staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance or real estate.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of computer programs for financial analysis and database management, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent data analytic and financial modeling skills.
- Ability to work independently or under the direction of other Risk Management team members
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects.
- Affordable housing industry experience preferred.
Interested applicants may email a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com or fax to the Human Resources Department at (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an equal opportunity employer.