Assistant/Associate General Counsel - Public Finance
The Assistant General Counsel or Associate General Counsel reports to the Deputy General Counsel, Legal Department and serves as counsel for HDC primarily to analyze, negotiate, structure and close bond transactions. Ideal candidate would run day-to-day operations of the bond transactions unit within the Legal Department as primary liaison with outside bond counsel and HDC’s Development and Capital Markets departments.
Area of Talent: Public Finance
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Location: NYC/Financial District
- Reviews official statements, bond purchase agreements and bond resolutions
- Reviews and analyzes due diligence items for bond transactions, including TEFRA
- Prepares materials for HDC Board meetings
- Drafts commitments, notes and mortgages
- Handles general miscellaneous legal duties as assigned
- Law Degree from an accredited Law School
- A minimum of 2 to 5+ years of relevant experience in public finance
- Superior organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Interested applicants may email a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to the Human Resources Department at (646) 304-4819.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.