Assistant Project Manager, Development
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for providing support to the Development staff members in originating and underwriting mortgage loans using funds raised through bond issuances and/or allocations of corporate reserves.
Area of Talent: Development/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Location: NYC/Wall Street Area
- Collect and review due diligence material and maintain project checklists.
- Assist in underwriting mortgage loans (help analyze loan proposals and prepare spreadsheets outlining each proposal; help draft credit memos).
- Assist in the coordination of mortgage loan closings with internal and external parties, including developers, other City agencies, bankers, bond underwriters and tax credit syndicators.
- Develop relationships with current and prospective developers/borrowers.
- Assist in gathering data for the preparation of management reports and loan tracking information.
- Bachelor’s degree with substantial course work/credits specific to finance, real estate development and/or city planning.
- Demonstrated interest in affordable housing.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in real estate development, project management, real estate lending and/or affordable housing.
- Proficiency in excel and familiarity with financial budgets/spreadsheets; experience creating mortgage loan models a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to build relationships with staff, executives and external partners.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Graduate degree in related field a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of Federal, New York State, and New York City affordable housing programs and the development process is a plus.
Interested applicants may email a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com or fax to the Human Resources Department at (646) 304-4819.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.