The New York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC) is the nation’s number one issuer of bonds for multi-family affordable housing. Established as a public benefit corporation by the State of New York in 1971, HDC is responsible for financing the creation and preservation of affordable housing within the five boroughs of New York City. The financing provided by HDC is in the form of low-cost mortgages made through the sale of tax-exempt and taxable bonds. Our programs are designed for multi-family rental housing and cooperative developments and serve a wide range of income segments from very-low to middle-income tenants.
HDC is an equal opportunity employer. Please email your resume to email@example.com or fax your cover letter and resume to (212) 227-6893.
HDC is engaged in carrying out the nation’s most ambitious municipal affordable housing development and preservation plan. We are seeking the services of a qualified freelance photographer to document construction progress, interior and exterior renovations, construction trades, and tenants. A demonstrated ability to shoot and edit video in addition to still photography is a definite plus.
The City of New York will retain the right to use any images it chooses in any format or media it deems appropriate in perpetuity and without notice to the photographer. The images will become part of the HDC and Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) photo archives. The photographer will be given name credit. We anticipate one to two days shooting per month plus reasonable post-production time. Images must be delivered in editable raw format and in jpg suitable in size for e-mailing.
For the purpose of this contract, assignments will be confined to the five boroughs of New York City. The successful bidder will be responsible for arranging his or her own transportation to and from shoots as directed by HDC.
You are invited to submit a bid. For consideration, please include credentials, samples of your work and compensation requirements. You must supply your own equipment and have a valid NY driver’s license. Please include quotes for the following services:
Your quote should include any other anticipated charges, including transportation related to completing the assignments and miscellaneous charged related to material processing and delivery. Please address all inquiries to Christina Sanchez, as listed above. Final bid documents ONLY should be submitted to Catie Marshall as instructed below. For your bid to receive consideration, the following conditions must be met:
1. All quotations must be received no later than the close of business on March 29, 2013. Quotations received after the inquiry closing date will not be considered as acceptable and will not be evaluated.
2. Bidder shall mail the original or fax copies of the proposal as follows:
New York City Housing Development Corporation
110 William Street, 9th floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Catie Marshall
or fax to: (212) 815-7313
3. In addition, as per Local Law 34 of 2007 (LL 34), vendors that are considered to be doing business with the City as defined by LL 34 are required to complete a Doing Business Data Form. Please complete the attached forms, as no award can be made unless the Data Form is filled out completely, and returned to us along with your proposal.
If you have any questions regarding the attached information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Division: Asset Management
Reports To: Vice President
• To perform physical inspections on growing NYC based portfolio of multi-family projects
• Familiar with NYC building codes
• Knowledge of multi-family residential construction
• Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and building conveyance systems
• LEED, BPI or CEM certifications preferred
• Assess building conditions and report findings to owners and or managing agent
• Prepare written reports with findings and recommendations;
• Review owner/agent responses to findings and determine if feasible to remedy the finding
• Analyze energy, construction and rehabilitation costs
• Bachelors degree in engineering or architecture; construction management engineering degree a plus;
• Either LEED Green/Building Performance Institute (BPI)/Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification a plus;
• Two to five years experience preferred; recent graduate would be considered.
• Strong written and communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft-based systems
• NYS driver’s license preferred but not required