The New York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC) is the nation’s number one issuer of bonds for multi-family affordable housing. Established as a public benefit corporation by the State of New York in 1971, HDC is responsible for financing the creation and preservation of affordable housing within the five boroughs of New York City. The financing provided by HDC is in the form of low-cost mortgages made through the sale of tax-exempt and taxable bonds. Our programs are designed for multi-family rental housing and cooperative developments and serve a wide range of income segments from very-low to middle-income tenants.
HDC is an equal opportunity employer. Please email your resume to email@example.com or fax your cover letter and resume to (212) 227-6893.
Marketing Project Manager
Department: Asset Management
Reports To: Assistant Vice President, Marketing
Position actively participates in the marketing of newly developed projects in the HDC Asset Management portfolio. Marketing Project Manager also handles complaints from applicants to the Marketing Department’s projects, inquiries from the public regarding the same, and written correspondence from public officials.
- Attend Marketing Meetings and review Marketing Plans submitted to ensure a project’s compliance with HDC’s Marketing Guidelines
- Monitor application lotteries for advertised projects
- Review and monitor lottery logs to ensure proper processing of applicants
- Maintain and update project records
- Create advertisements for the re-marketing of vacancies within existing projects
- Monitor and ensure that HDC’s website is updated
- Review and draft correspondence to applicant inquiries, concerns, complaints, and appeals
- Coordinate with other HDC departments to resolve regulatory issues regarding assigned projects
- Establish and maintain relationships with project owners, managing agents and various government agencies
- Attention to Deadlines and Details
- Strong Organizational and Communication Skills (Oral and Written)
- Proficiency with computer programs for spreadsheets and word processing, including Microsoft Office
- Bachelor Degree Required
Project Manager, Preservation Finance
Department: Asset Management
Reports To: Vice President
Among its many core functions, the Asset Management Department is responsible for preserving and rehabilitating affordable housing developments facing physical, financial, and operational distress. Staff will identify developments which present preservation opportunities, create viable and sustainable recovery strategies, perform underwriting, guide the projects through HDC’s Credit Committee and Board approval process, create sound financial programs and structures that leverage the Corporation’s assets while also encouraging private investment and maintaining portfolio integrity.
This position originates and underwrites mortgage loans using funds raised through bond issuances and/or allocations of corporate reserves to preserve and rehabilitate affordable housing developments.
- Underwrite mortgage loans (analyze loan proposals; review due diligence materials; prepare spreadsheets outlining each proposal; prepare credit memos; present loans to credit committee for approval)
- Coordinate mortgage loan closings with internal and external parties, including developers, other City agencies, bankers, bond underwriters and tax credit syndicators
- Manage relationships with current and prospective developers/borrowers
- Manage communications with resident organizations and local officials
- Prepare management reports and loan tracking information
- Assist in evaluating and/or formulating affordable housing program and policy initiatives
- Proficiency in creating mortgage loan models
- Understanding of real estate lending and financial concepts
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written)
- Knowledge of Federal, New York State, and New York City affordable housing programs and the development process is a plus
- Graduate degree in related field a plus
- Relevant experience (minimum of 2 years)