The New York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC) is the nation’s number one issuer of bonds for multi-family affordable housing. Established as a public benefit corporation by the State of New York in 1971, HDC is responsible for financing the creation and preservation of affordable housing within the five boroughs of New York City. The financing provided by HDC is in the form of low-cost mortgages made through the sale of tax-exempt and taxable bonds. Our programs are designed for multi-family rental housing and cooperative developments and serve a wide range of income segments from very-low to middle-income tenants.
HDC is an equal opportunity employer. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your cover letter and resume to (212) 227-6893.
Departments: Real Estate and Administration
Reports To: Executive VP Real Estate
This position provides support to the Executive Vice President for Real Estate (the “EVP”) and the Vice President for Administration (the “VP”). The position provides executive support to members of the senior team, and serves as a back-up and partner to the President’s Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the EVP and VP. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, mission-driven and results-driven environment. The ideal candidate will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant must be able to handle sensitive or confidential matters with discretion.
- Maintain executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel. Manage active calendars of appointments, identifying and anticipate potential conflicts for the weekly schedule and helping to ensure that schedules are followed and respected.
- Complete expense reports
- Compose and prepare correspondence that is sometimes confidential
- Arrange travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Compile documents and preparatory materials in advance of meetings
- Serve as the "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the executives’ time and offices.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Welcomes guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the executives, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response when possible.
- Prepare correspondence and communicate with staff on behalf of executives
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Complete other duties as assigned
Skillls and Qualifications:
- Very strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to build relationships with staff and external partners
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong work tenure with experience supporting executives
Helpdesk Coordinator\Administrative Assistant
NYCHDC is looking for a vibrant, reliable, organized individual to be part of the Helpdesk team. The ideal candidate will be well versed in managing all aspects of the NYCHDC IT Helpdesk environment and provide assistance to the CIO. This position is expected to oversee the timely distribution of Helpdesk calls (routed by either phone or email). In addition to Helpdesk duties, he\she will also perform various clerical tasks for the IT department. We are looking for a detailed oriented person with, the ability to prioritize and multitask on a moment to moment basis.
Helpdesk Coordinator Responsibilities:
- The Help Desk Coordinator serves as initial point of contact for reporting technical issues, questions, or problems regarding software, hardware, installations, and upgrades of computers. He\She provides first level customer support to all corporate computer users and assists with support to corporate users (either through phone or email).
- Collects information about problems and leads users through diagnostic procedures to determine sources of errors, determines whether problems are caused by hardware or software and then dispatches trouble tickets to IT staff detailing all necessary information and response priority. Logs and tracks issues using the Helpdesk software, and determine incident type, priority, and category for each issue.
- He\She will also prepare standard statistical reports, such as Help Desk incident reports (on a weekly basis). Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce incident rate. Helps with writing procedures and documentation related to audit requests.
- Assist in performing minor troubleshooting in the identification of applicable problems relating to PC’s, applications software. Helps with copier and printer maintenance, Call vendors for supplies, repairs and maintenance of copiers.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Support onboarding of new employees, as well as with user enrollment\departure checklists.
- Perform new user onboarding orientation tasks. Familiarize new employees with procedures of system enrollment and access.
- Process all IT bills for payment (service invoices and consultant timesheets)
- Maintain office supplies and other relevant inventory control
- Receive, process and distribute mail for IT group
- Assist with documentation for IT service contracts for IT group and CIO.
- Support the CIO with administrative tasks - appointment scheduling and bookings, conference enrollment, travel arrangements and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Must be highly organized and able to interact effectively with both internal and external parties. Must communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, from the operational user all the way up to the management structure. Customer Service skills a must.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment. He\She has to be diplomatic at times and coordinate with all team members, due to the unpredictable nature of Helpdesk work.
- On certain tasks and projects, he\she must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Proficient with Windows Environment, MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Outlook Calendar, Outlook Contacts)
- Active Directory Knowledge a plus
- Helpdesk knowledge of a wide variety of software, hardware and PC operating systems (Active Directory, Oracle ERP support), MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Internet browser, Helpdesk tracking software.
- College degree with at least 3 years of experience pertinent to this position; OR High school diploma/GED with at least 10 years of pertinent, comparable experience.
Project Manager, Development
Reports to: Senior Vice President
This position originates and underwrites mortgage loans using funds raised through bond issuances and/or allocations of corporate reserves.
- Underwrite mortgage loans (analyze loan proposals, review due diligence materials, prepare spreadsheets outlining each proposal, write memos requesting approval)
- Serve as primary HDC contact to external transaction partners (including agencies, banks, investors, etc.) during underwriting process.
- Prepare management reports and loan tracking information
- Perform administrative tasks relating to bond issuances (attend meetings related to bond issuances, prepare/obtain cost information, communicate with all interested parties regarding information and documentation needed for closing).
- Perform financial feasibility analysis for project proposals (both for unsolicited submissions and responses to Requests For Proposals).
- Assist Legal Department with mortgage loan closings
- Handle inquiries from prospective developers
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in creating mortgage loan models
- Understanding of financial concepts
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written)
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Comparable experience (min. 2 years)
- Integrates and customizes SharePoint applications and existing custom developed applications
- Creates data-driven web parts using SharePoint and .NET applications
- Maintains existing applications, debugs, tests and deploys developed software solutions on test and production environment
- Security design and implementation utilizing Active Directory
- Custom forms development with advanced workflow integration (i.e SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, K2/BlackPearl, Adobe LifeCycle)
- JQuery development within the SharePoint environment
- Develop/maintain .NET code related to the various applications existing in the environment
- Tune performance as content grows.
- Address scalability challenges, analyze needs for remote BLOBs to assure continued efficient and high performing Sharepoint environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in development, configuration and customization with Microsoft SharePoint Technologies (2010/2013)
- Experience building custom solutions in Sharepoint 2010/2013, including web parts
- Strong experience migrating SharePoint 2010 sites to SharePoint 2013
- Strong understanding of SharePoint 2013 best practices
- SharePoint API/Object Model
- At least 3+ years of experience working with VB/C# .NET
- Strong competency in Microsoft Visual Studio, Web Application design, jQuery, jQuery UI, and jQuery Mobile
- Demonstrated experienced in Office 365 Integration, Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5/3.0/2.0, ASP.Net, C#.Net , VB.Net, ADO.Net, Web Services, AJAX, MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 , IIS.
- Significant architectural design and application development experience
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Deputy Director - Credit Risk
Department: Credit Risk
Reports to: Credit Chief Officer
Assist the Chief Credit Officer in developing, implementing, and managing HDC’s credit policies and procedures
- Develop and review credit management policies and procedures
- Conduct risk assessments of various types of credit risk faced by the Corporation
- Make recommendations for approval of loan proposals by HDC’s Credit Committee following completion of risk assessments conducted according to HDC’s credit policies
- Assess and monitor program participant credit quality according to HDC’s credit policies and report the results of these assessments to the senior staff, Credit Committee, and Audit Committee with appropriate recommendations
- Monitor and review various underwriting standards to ensure HDC’s standards remain current and relevant
- Oversee subsidy layering review process
- Back up moderator for Credit Committee meetings
- Development and supervision of staff by providing leadership, expertise, and guidance
- Remain current on credit, financial, accounting, and tax changes related to real estate and housing development
- Assist in the monitoring of distressed properties
- Assess new credit proposals from outside vendors
- Monitor credit rating agency actions, and report on such actions
- Update Credit Risk databases
- Any other projects and/or responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Credit Officer
- Advanced degree in finance or urban studies (or equivalent experience)
- Proficiency with computer programs for financial analysis and database management
- Five years minimum experience in real estate finance or housing development (or equivalent experience)
- Familiarity with Federal, State, and City housing programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Credit training at a financial institution preferred
- 2 Credit Analysts
Portfolio Analyst in Asset Management
Reports To: Vice President, Portfolio Analysis
Position actively participates in the monitoring and analysis of risk exposure for housing developments and loans within the HDC Asset Management portfolio. The portfolio analyst will evaluate the physical and financial performance of assigned projects individually and collectively based on groupings such as by housing provider (i.e. external developers & managing agents) and by HDC program type.
- Actively monitor and evaluate assigned portfolio of projects on an on-going basis
- Establish and maintain relationships with project owners, managing agents and various government agencies
- Input financial statements into HDC database
- Review and analyze financial statements and physical inspections for each property; coordinate with HDC's engineers on noted issues
- Follow up and remedy financial issues such as mortgage delinquencies
- Assess troubled properties to provide technical assistance and work with more senior staff to devise workout strategies
- Review legal documents and agreements to identify project-specific regulatory obligations
- Perform field audits and site inspections to develop personal experience with assigned projects. This involves some local travel via public transportation to project locations throughout the five boroughs
- Work with senior staff to establish criteria and reports to assess the performance of the HDC portfolio
- Strong Financial Analysis Skills required
- Excellent Organizational and Communication Skills (Oral and Written)
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, financial analysis and database management (including Microsoft Office)
- B.A or B.S. Degree Required either in Finance, Real Estate, or Accounting. Degree in Business Administration may also be acceptable if it includes substantial course work/credits specific to Finance, Real Estate, and/or Accounting.
- Some experience in, or working knowledge of affordable housing programs is preferred
Assistant Director of Communications
Reports To: Vice President of Communications
The Assistant Director of Communications is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of HDC's communication strategy and broadening the visibility of the Corporation and its work on affordable housing. Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, the person in this position will manage the day-to-day operations of the Communications team and spearhead HDC press, website, social media, and all other communications initiatives. S/he will handle outreach to the media; supervise the organization of events in coordination with City Hall, other City and State agencies, and private and non-profit partners; and produce a broad range of online and print materials to promote the Corporation's programs and accomplishments.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a strategic and proactive communications strategy for HDC.
- Respond to inquiries from the press and proactively pitch stories, op-eds, and interviews to advance HDC’s priorities and enhance its profile.
- Supervise the coordination of HDC media events, including logistics, briefings, press releases, talking points, media outreach, and photography for groundbreakings, ribbon-cuttings, and press announcements.
- Work with the Communications staff to ensure the news is poured through on a daily basis to identify stories relating to HDC, affordable housing, and related policy areas, and share relevant coverage with appropriate agency teams.
- Prepare written remarks, speeches, powerpoint presentations, quotes, and statements for the HDC President and other members of the senior leadership team.
- Create, edit, and manage content for the HDC website; help develop a clear and consistent online presence for the Corporation; and work with other departments to ensure existing pages are current, accurate, and accessible.
- Write, edit, and design quality communications materials, including press releases, media advisories, newsletters, brochures, Q&A documents, fact sheets, and public presentations.
- Plan, write, and oversee the production of HDC’s Annual Report, ensuring that it aligns with the goals for the agency's online presence and broader communications strategy.
- Help develop a visual identity for HDC that is consistent across online, print, and presentation materials, and ensure adherence to City styles, standards, and practices.
- Evaluate the opportunities for the Corporation to create a social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), and oversee its implementation.
- A Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three to five years of experience in communications, press, and/or related fields in a competitive and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, analytical, problem-solving, client service, and interpersonal skills.
- Graphic design experience and familiarity with powerpoint and various social media platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of urban planning, housing development, community engagement, or city government is preferred.
- A positive self-starter with a can-do attitude, sense of humor, and willingness to go the extra mile.
Please include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.